Here it comes! Oh, how I love the changing weather!
The days are growing cooler, the evenings are calling for my comfy sweater and fluffy house shoes, and I am loving it! This happens to be my favorite time of year. You can’t beat the feast of colors for your eyes, not to mention the crisp, cozy days that are just right for that perfect cup of coffee that you have flavored to match the season! Oh yeah, you guessed it…I’m talking #allthingspumpkin again.
In case you missed it, my last post of Chocolate Pumpkin Bread was pretty tasty! I am hoping if you haven’t already tried the recipe, you will make it a point to try it. It’s worth it!
I know I am one of the people who keep some particularly famous coffee shops in operation with my love of coffee, so what happens if I have a slight case of I-Don’t-Wanna, or I am a dollar short, or if I just don’t wanna put on pants to drive myself there?
Solution = Make my own Pumpkin Spice Latte Coffee Creamer.
Nothing springs a morning into existence for me better than my coffee. Plus, even though the fall and winter are THE best times to experiment with cool flavors and recipes for my coffee, I drink it all year round. I am endlessly addicted to the warm rush through my veins of the liquid equivalent of life itself, whatever the flavor! Besides, some of the best things in life happen over coffee: catching up with friends, time with your grown children to discuss what all they’ve been up to, enjoying your back porch or acres of land, fishing or hunting, maybe even a few priceless moments with a grandparent, who lovingly slows you down and reminds you of the importance of living a life you are proud of. Pick your favorite.
I grew to love coffee because of my grandfather. Out of my sisters and I, I am the only one that acquired a taste for it. My grandfather and grandmother drank it every morning. I would watch my grandfather serve himself a cup, sweeten it, add creamer and enjoy his quiet morning with his newspaper. He was a great man, and I miss him all the time. I still remember him to this day every time I have coffee and fix it up the exact same way he did. He also loved pumpkin pie so he may have even loved the easy-to-make Pumpkin Spice Latte Coffee Creamer I am sharing with you today!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Coffee Creamer
Servings: Approx. 15
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- In a bowl, whisk together the whipping cream, milk, condensed milk, and vanilla.
- Add the pumpkin spice and pumpkin puree, whisking to combine well.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan on med-low heat and heat slowly, whisking continuously to incorporate all ingredients.
- As the mixture heats up, it will reach a stage where it is steaming but not yet boiling. This is the time you will remove it from the heat and whisk occasionally until completely cooled. This is to prevent a skin from forming on top of the mixture as it cools down.
- Once cooled, store the creamer in a lidded container for up to a week, or until the expiration date on the whipping cream carton.
- Shake thoroughly before each use, as the spices will settle as it rests.
Enjoy the creamy taste of pumpkin in your coffee as you make many colorful, cozy, fall-time memories this season!
If you adore the Turquoise Ceramic Milk Bottle I used in my display and to store my Pumpkin Spice Latte Coffee Creamer, you can find it here.
It worked perfectly for the amount of creamer this recipe makes.
As I wrap up this week’s blog and enjoy the warm, spicy lusciousness of this creamer in my freshly made cup of coffee, I have to say it is absolutely scrumptious, and I can’t wait for you to try it for yourself! Share it with a friend this fall.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did sharing it with you!
Stay warm and toasty.